Scope of Warranty
eKoral’s Warranty covers products against defects in materials or workmanship purchased from an authorized eKoral retailer from the date of purchase. Products purchased on eBay are not covered by the eKoral Warranty. Damage resulting from ordinary use or normal wear and tear is not covered under eKoral’s warranty terms.
General warranty terms may vary between different geographic regions and individual product groups may have different warranty periods and terms. During each product’s warranty period, eKoral maintains the discretion to either repair the defective product or replace it with another one of equal or similar performance, provided that:
- The product is returned to the point of purchase, postage prepaid.
- The customer is responsible for paying the costs of shipping when returning their product(s) to eKoral.
- The product was properly used according to the manufacturer’s intended purposes and instructions.
- The product was not damaged due to acts of nature, such as lightning, flood or fire.
- The product’s cover was never removed and the warranty stickers were not broken.
The customer is responsible for paying the costs of shipping when returning their product(s) to eKoral. In certain special situations (cross-border purchases for example) customers may be required to pay all shipping and handling charges and well as any tariffs, duties, taxes or other fees associated with the RMA sending.
Any replaced or repaired product is covered by warranty for either the remainder of the initial warranty period or for ninety (30) days counted from the date of the replacement, depending on which one is longer.
Since Warranty Periods may vary depending upon geographic region and product type, it is the responsibility of the consumer to check the exact Warranty Period that is listed on our official website. If you are living in a country where the point of sales entity grants a shorter warranty period than what is stated in the eKoral Worldwide Warranty Policy or what islisted on our official website, eKoral will always grant you the longer period of time.
For further information please write to: [email protected]
eKoral RMA Procedure
- Customers who received an RMA number via our online RMA application procedure will receive automatic e mail updates throughout the entire RMA process.
- A valid proof of purchase (original purchase receipt or credit card statement) clearly showing the date of purchase and an authentic RMA number are required for RMA processing.
- After submitting your RMA claim you will be issued a unique RMA number and receive instructions by email on how and where to return your eKoral product. Do not send a product to eKoral unless you have already received an RMA number and you were specifically instructed to send the product.
- Please use the original packaging material to pack the product for return. If the original packaging is not available, the returned product has to be securely packed so it will not get damaged during shipping. eKoral cannot be held responsible for transportation damages incurred during shipping to our RMA receiving centers.
- You may be required to include all the original products and accessories with your sending depending on your geographic area. Please follow the instructions in the e mail update.
- The customer is responsible for paying the costs of shipping when returning their product(s) to eKoral. You are advised to select a return shipping method that provides tracking information. eKoral cannot be held responsible for lost packages.
- The returned product has to be properly and securely sealed. Packages that arrive severely damaged may be returned to the sender at the sender’s expense.
- Do not forget to include all necessary documentation with your sending, including the printed copy of the email that you have received from eKoral that shows your approved application.
- Please mark clearly the RMA number on the outside packaging of the sending. Packages that arrive to our collection center without the clear marking of a valid RMA number, counterfeit products or products that do not fit the warranty terms may be returned to sender at their own expense.
Note: It is the Customer’s responsibility to provide eKoral their correct mailing address and to make sure that there is an authorized person at the destination to receive the repaired product sent by eKoal. If a product was undeliverable and it is returned to eKoral, the Customer will be responsible to pay the costs of re-shipping. If there are any other additional costs for re-directing or re-shipping the sending, the Customer will be responsible to coordinate with the carrier and to pay these additional costs as well. eKoral is not responsible for packages lost or delivered to an outdated address. If you are in doubt, you should always contact eKoral beforehand to avoid extra shipping charges.
eKoral encourages you to check your correct shipping address prior to submitting an RMA request.
RMA Packing and Shipping
A Return Material Authorization (RMA) number is ALWAYS required for every return shipment to eKoral. The applied RMA number belonging to the shipment (and marked on the outside of the sending) has to match the number received during the RMA application for the specific product(s) inside the box.
- Use eKoral approved packaging.
- Write your RMA number on the outside of the box in bold letters.
- Use a traceable sending method and keep the receipt as proof for your records.
- RMA numbers are valid for 30 days, from the date that they were issued.
- All warranty claims will be voided if a PSU arriving at our service center is:
- damaged during transport as a result of bad packaging
- modified, dented, scratched, or previously opened by the owner
- showing signs that any of the aquarium controller sealing stickers were removed or torn.